Friday, October 18, 2013

Lists

I think when I am truly happy in my life is when I feel things are in balance. When I am able to give to my family and my businesses and my friends and still find time for myself. When my house is clean and the laundry's done and all the kids' hair is washed and brushed. When I have no unreturned emails or phone calls or texts. I am not a list maker, not a pen to paper kind,  but I feel I always have this internal list of what needs to be done in any given day or week. It's something that drives Josh crazy, that I never actually write anything down. Not appointments or work schedule or lunch dates or grocery lists. Nothing. I used to make Christmas gift lists, but I think I just liked how my handwriting looked on unlined paper when I chose to write extra neatly.

The next few weeks seem extra busy, doctors appointments and dentists appointments, a trip to Beacon and a visit with my grandma, a trip to Long Island, San Diego at the end of the month and of course the everyday things that sometimes seem so overwhelming like homework and making dinner and matching up socks. And trying find time to spend at each of the restaurants.

But it's all good stuff. So who am I to complain that my life is too busy with really wonderful things? Only a fool would do that, and I'm no fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment