Saturday, September 28, 2013

More than just the sadness

This blog began as a place for me to come and vent and cry and yell at how unfair this whole situation is. And while I still feel the sadness and anger that led me here to begin with, I am beginning to want to write about more. I want to share about raising kids and running restaurants and husbands and ex-husbands and my fear of death and my abundance of wonderful gay best friends.

I am an ordinary girl who moved to the city at eighteen and have been blessed to meet extraordinary people along the way. I never had a plan. Like ever. Everything, year after year, has just kind of happened. I had jobs that I liked and ones that I hated. I lived in mostly small, crappy apartments with bad heat and lead paint and views of nothing good but I though they were amazing. It wasn't until very recently that I started dressing appropriately for the weather. Each year it was like a shock that I would need gloves and a hat to keep me warm.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the reality of how many people depend on me. My kids, my employees, my family. I get that I can't breathe I want to eat something or buy something or run screaming from the house feeling. But then it passes. And I remind myself how blessed I am, to have the family I have, my husband, my kids, my mother. Life is good. Not always, but enough to make the bad times worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment